Saturday 28 April 2012

The Account

The Account
By Roderick Mann

Outer back cover: Julia Lang is a winner - beautiful, vivacious, publicity director of London's top hotel. Robert Brand is charismatic, handsome - with his vast fortune he can work magic. Together they make a golden couple, the world at their feet.
Together they can almost forget Robert's unhappy marriage to Grace, a union bound by secrets a generation old... until, suddenly, Julia's world is shattered by tragedy, and she begins to realize that her perfect life with Robert may have been built on a lie...
Determined to uncover the facts, Julia hires private detective Guy Ravenel to track down the truth. His plan is daring and dangerous, but not even he can foresee the horrors they will uncover, or the ruthlessness of Julia's enemies...

I wasn't sure if I would like this book, I only picked it up at the hostel in Adelaide because it was in English and it appealed to me more than the others. I really enjoyed it actually and it was really exciting!

In the beginning I was a little bit confused. There are so many people and places to keep track of, and I would mix the names together a few times, but after a while I started to remember who they all were. There are a lot of people to keep track of, but they are all interesting characters and it was fun to find out what would happen to them all. It was actually a bit scary at times too, and I held my breath for parts of it,

There are so many secrets and things to find out, and it's really interesting because most of if you don't find out the answer until the end of the book. I did struggle to put it down, and I'm happy for the rain today, in a way, just so that I had an excuse to sit down and finish it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...