Wednesday 7 March 2012

Beautiful creatures

Beautiful creatures
By: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Outer back cover: In Ethan Wate's hometown there lies the darkest of secrets...
There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head... Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes.
There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, of the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it.
In the end, there is a grave.
Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and, on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided. Ethan never saw it coming.

It was nice to get lost in a world where the natural and supernatural lives side-by-side again. The book is kind of "childish" and very suitable for young teens.

Something will happen to Lena on her sixteenth birthday and I enjoyed reading about how she and Ethan tries to find out more about it and do something about it and what they find out about the people in the village as they do it. I also think the book captured how it can be for an "outsider" to come into a small community, where everybody knows each other, quite well. And the small mindedness of some people in such communities.

My favourite part of the book was learning about Lena and Ethan's families, there are still a lot of things that's unanswered about Ethan's family though, but since the book is the first in a series I'm guessing you would find out more about his family in the next books.

My favourite character was the librarian, Marian, she was a very interesting lady.

Except for the last part of the ending where the authors left a kind of cliff-hanger, and the fact that there was a lot of unanswered things about Ethan's family, the book could have ended where it did without any more books. It was a good ending in a way. I don't know if I will read the other books in the series as I won't let myself buy any more books at the minute, but maybe I will in the future. Plainly because I want to learn more about Ethan's family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...