Wednesday 15 February 2012

Strip

Strip
By: Thomas Perry

Outer back cover: A strip club owner named Manko Kapak has been robbed by a masked gunman while placing his cash receipts in a bank's night-deposit box. Kapak is determined to find the culprit, and make him pay. After a month of investigation Kapak's goons settle on the innocent but tough-as-nails Joe Carver, which is furious that he's been falsely accused. Meanwhile the real culprit and his new girlfriend believe they've found a whole new profession, robbing Kapak of his strip clubs' cash.
As the case explodes into a triple killing, Carver finds himself in the middle of a brewing gang war over Kapak's little empire, ploughing into territory more strange and violent than he could ever have imagined.

I really liked this book. It got more and more exciting the further I got into it, by the end there were so many things happening (one that made me feel a bit queasy), and although I'm slightly confused, I really liked how it ended.

It was interesting to read what Kapak would do to get Carver, and what Carver would do to try and get Kapak off his back. I loved reading about all the interactions between people and I think it seemed quite believable most of the time. My favourite character was probably Spence, Kapak's kind-of-bodyguard, he seemed to be the only "sane" person of all the characters.

I was worried because of the title that Perry would go into too much detail on certain things, but he didn't write more than was "necessary". I don't read much crime, but after this I think I might start, although it isn't the usual "who did it" crime, because you find that out fairly early in the book, it's more of a "how will they find out and what will they do about it" crime. I would recommend this to anybody that likes a good read and doesn't mind reading about some murders.

1 comment:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Good to read that the author didn't go into any more detail than was necessary. I've read a few reviews of this book and was worried that it might prove too explicit for my tastes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...